Melbourne Storm are proud to release our 2021 Indigenous Jersey.
Designed by Krstel Petrevski, the jersey will be worn proudly in rounds 12 and 18 of the 2021 season.
The meanings of the artwork as described by Krstel below;
- Our home state is represented on the left (lower front). The outline of Victoria is turned sideways. It is filled with all the people that play their part for our club, the players, the staff and our families.
- The two circles represent our QLD hub in season 2020 and AAMI Park.
- The footprints on the front and back of the jersey represent the journey a player takes from the moment they join the club, to the moment they leave as a better person.
- On the sleeves and inside the shape of Victoria a number of circles connected by lines represents the many cultures that make up the Melbourne Storm.
- The right (back) represents all our non-Indigenous players, to show the inclusivity of our Melbourne Storm family.
- The jersey features a large purple curved line that is the flowing Yarra River in Melbourne.
- The handprint on the back represents the 5 values of our club – respect, family, hard work, accountability and passion.
The 2021 Melbourne Storm Indigenous Jersey features include:
- Embroidered Melbourne Storm and NRL logo's
- Sublimated Indigenous Storm detail as described above
- Sublimated sponsor logos including, Redzed, Suzuki and Grill’d
- Jersey will not have grip panels
- Manufactured by Castore